Calendars , home

September 16, 2004 DAY #317


Lots of stuff going on! We had a great evening at Souplantation. Thanks to all of you who came to enjoy dinner and support our search for a cure. I think we would have had more people come if it wasn't a holiday.

We will be having another dinner next Tuesday at the West Point Loma Blvd Souplantation. The flyer should be attached to this email. We would love to see hundreds of friends there! Please print out this flyer and join us on Tuesday night! Give a copy of the flyer to all your friends and get them to come too! Send it out to your entire email list!

People keep asking why I am doing this fundraising, why it means so much to me. Well, for a starter, I am not out of the woods yet. I have about a 70% chance of long term survival. Long term survival means 5 years. Would you be motivated to find a cure if you had a 30% chance of dying in the next 4 years? Wouldn't it be great if researchers could find a better cure? It would sure make me feel better! Earlier this week, we met a young lady whose father died from Leukemia two weeks ago. We met another couple whose baby was born with Leukemia. The baby was just a little over a year old, but the disease won that battle last week. This is why I must go on. I will continue to work at fundraising. There are too many lives, including my own, at stake.

Menchie and I are planning a big picnic at Mission Bay. This will occur on October 30. That is a Saturday. We will be celebrating my 1st birthday. The plan is that Menchie and I will be serving an all-you-can-eat lunch or dinner to everyone who shows up. Details are not confirmed yet, but we are thinking about spaghetti, salad, and garlic bread. We will be requesting a $10.00 donation for the food. If you would rather just help with the cooking and gear, that would be great too, but the whole point is to raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. We will pass on more information about the party when we get more details.

Yesterday, Menchie and I found out that Amy Milner found a donor and is getting a transplant! We are sooooooo happy! She is having a bit of a rough time, I guess, but doing OK!

I also finished getting all of the Mall pages up and running yesterday! MZIMA Mall is completely open for business. I will be adding many more stores in the next few weeks, so keep checking back in the Mall. This is a really good time to start stocking up on candy for halloween, and there are lots of nice candy stores on the Mall. In addition, there are some great costume stores in the Party Supply section, I think on the recreation and leisure section. Please don't forget that the holidays are coming up!

The mall is pretty neat, and a lot of fun. You don't have to spend a lot of money to make a contribution. Menchie signed up for an EBAY account and bought something for 99 cents and we got a commission of $10.00. I ordered a free credit report and we got another comission. We needed a laser toner cartrige for my printer, so we got that from a store in my mall at a great price. We have bought lots of biking supplies that we need from REI, one of our advertisers. I will probably refinance my condo from a company on my mall. Many of the above were free shipping too! We've tried to buy lots of things on EBAY, but got outbid, but we still got a comission for every bid, even though we didn't spend any money!

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. I will send out another update tomorrow evening, I hope. I am hoping that the doctor will eliminate the rest of my medications from my diet. That would be soooo exciting for me.

Thanks everyone for visiting Mzima Mall. Take care, and I will talk at you again tomorrow!


Calendars , home